Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Escapades in Lima

Classes begin today!

I received my schedule at 9 a.m. this morning, two hours before my first class. Until this morning, I was not certain of what classes I would be taking. Receiving my schedule so close to the start of classes is another example of "Peruvian time."

My classes include intermediate Spanish, political science, psychology of communication, and oceanography. I have classes six days a week, too. Despite how laid back this culture can be, classes are very strict. The attendance policy is taken very seriously and students cannot have food or beverages in the class. Classmates are from Peru, Belgium, Korea, France, the Netherlands, the United States, and more.

Yesterday, my peers and I visited Circuito Magico del Agua in Lima. It was gorgeous...and we were able to run through some of the fountains!  



When strolling through the streets of Lima, seeing American influences in the culture is easy. KFC, Domino's Pizza, and McDonalds are not uncommon, as are teens wearing Aeropostale and Hollister. I often hear American pop music playing from different shops.

Hasta luego!

No comments:

Post a Comment