Monday, April 29, 2013

La Universidad

As students in the United States wrap up their semesters with final projects and exams, I am just beginning my midterms! While three of my midterms are scheduled for next week, I completed my first midterm today in my oceanography course. Taking exams can be stressful, but knowing that I have no classes next week because of midterms makes the week more worthwhile!

Academics are quite different at USIL. The grading scale ranges from 1 to 20 points, with scoring 19 or 20 points ranking as a solid A. Professors rarely deem a paper or project deserving of an A, as there is always room for improvement! Final grades are primarily composed of the midterm and final exams, with a small percent depending on participation and homework. This is definitely a new system to me.


No comments:

Post a Comment