Thursday, February 28, 2013

En Route to Lima

Watch out! After months of anticipating the day that I travel to Lima, nothing can stand in my way.

As I wait in Atlanta for my connecting flight, I reflect on what I have already accomplished on my journey. I have never traveled solo, so depending on myself for getting where I need to be has been a tad overwhelming; and, I triumph over the small obstacles I've tackled so far. I had to rearrange my luggage after one of my bags weighed 9 pounds over the limit, navigate my way through the massive airport in Atlanta, and speak with a Delta employee who mistakenly told me I needed a Visa to go to Peru. I celebrate the small victories!

Expressing how excited I am to be at my new home in San Borja is impossible! Earlier this week, I received an email from Carmela. She told me how excited she is to welcome me to her home and how she will try to make my stay in Lima nice. I already love this family. Assuming all goes well, I will arrive to my final destination by 2 a.m.

Hasta luego!

No comments:

Post a Comment